John Deere Carburetor (Choke question)

Chuckj5

Forum Newbie
Threads
Today I was doing spring maintanance on my John Deere Z225, B&S engine Nikki 902 carburetor. As I was reassembling and installing the carb, I was connecting the throttle and choke connections. Does anyone know how or why there is a rod that hooks into the choke, the other end is an long U shape that slides through a slot in the mounting bracket. There is no connection of this rod to anything that would move the choke.
Carb.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Open the throttle control and you will see a paddle arm come up and push the bent bit forward to activate the choke.
The carb choke plate has 2 holes in it.
One pushes to close the choke the other pulls to close the choke.
make sure you have the wire in the correct side.

Chuckj5

Forum Newbie
Threads
Open the throttle control and you will see a paddle arm come up and push the bent bit forward to activate the choke.
The carb choke plate has 2 holes in it.
One pushes to close the choke the other pulls to close the choke.
make sure you have the wire in the correct side.

Thanks for the information. I'll look at this tomorrow. I always take pictures when I do a project like this, helps to identify wires, where they connect and so much more. Thanks again..

Threads
Yes Bert is right on the spot with that..... When you push the throttle all the way up it sends the U shaped linkage to the choke position and when you back off the throttle lever for normal run, the spring pulls it back in place....

That's why it's only hooked up to the carb.....

Let us know about it Mon Ami ~!~!

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
A picture is worth a thousand words, here's a few more pics to look over in case you haven't figured out the linkage movements yet.......

2011-03-13_173252_briggs_vertical_linkage_006.jpg..2011-07-02_015436_12.5_briggs_vertical_linkage.jpg..DSCN2449.jpg..DSCN2448.jpg..DSCN2501 (Medium).jpg..DSCN2502.jpg