LT133 black hot wire

simpleton

Forum Newbie
Threads
Friend was given a good looking LT133 by someone claiming it ran, would not start, I saw one rocker not moving, opened it up and found cam snapped in two and connecting rod broken apart. Found a used 13 hp kohler from another LT133 and set it on. Connecting the wires back up I find I have what looks like a 14 ga black wire with an eyelet for a bolt (expecting this was a ground) but it has 12V regardless of key position. I looked at an LT133 wiring diagram and can't find it. The black hot wire comes out of one of the four relays (which all have the same number stamped on them) Any help would be appreciated if anyone is familiar with this one. Thanks very much.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Friend was given a good looking LT133 by someone claiming it ran, would not start, I saw one rocker not moving, opened it up and found cam snapped in two and connecting rod broken apart. Found a used 13 hp kohler from another LT133 and set it on. Connecting the wires back up I find I have what looks like a 14 ga black wire with an eyelet for a bolt (expecting this was a ground) but it has 12V regardless of key position. I looked at an LT133 wiring diagram and can't find it. The black hot wire comes out of one of the four relays (which all have the same number stamped on them) Any help would be appreciated if anyone is familiar with this one. Thanks very much.

First of all :welcome:
Secondly look properly :thumbdown:
Search this very forum for LT 133 manual and you will find a link to a site that had the entire JD technical manual on it.
Other than that you can buy them direct from JD as a digital download, ( cheapest ) , CD or DVD ( mid price ) or paper $$$$$.
Everything you need to know is in the manual written in a clear mannar that a person who has never even seen a ride on could fix the most complicated repair like a pro.