Man I cant figure this Craftsman out!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
While you were waiting for the relay go back to post 35 and check the wires at the relay plug.
Also please clarify the seat switch situation.
With the switch removed the plug should have 12 V on one side only not both.

Kangel55

Threads
While you were waiting for the relay go back to post 35 and check the wires at the relay plug.
Also please clarify the seat switch situation.
With the switch removed the plug should have 12 V on one side only not both.

I'm getting ready to do this but wanted to know relay question, if you grab it while running should the relay contact be going on and off? I feel contact in and out.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm getting ready to do this but wanted to know relay question, if you grab it while running should the relay contact be going on and off? I feel contact in and out.

NO is the answer.....it should remain on unless you get off the seat.....its the seat switch that powers it, from the key switch..A2

Sit down with a cup of coffee and work it all out on the wiring diagram...!

Kangel55

Threads
First test only 3.37V going to seat plug wires, switch unhooked.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
First test only 3.37V going to seat plug wires, switch unhooked.

Then you have a problem, should be the same has battery volts, check it at the key switch at A2 if low there check at B, also look for a bad ground, that's - (negative) from the battery.

Kangel55

Threads
Then you have a problem, should be the same has battery volts, check it at the key switch at A2 if low there check at B, also look for a bad ground, that's - (negative) from the battery.

Ground looks good from battery. A2 nothing, B 12V.

Kangel55

Threads
I've looked at all these wires replaced switches, I just don't get where it has a problem, it doesn't look complicated.

Kangel55

Threads
I've looked at all these wires replaced switches, I just don't get where it has a problem, it doesn't look complicated.

I pulled ignition switch out it all chks ok. Left it out and plugged it in and again if it's moved right it will kill engine. You can't tell which wire it is, I've grabbed and wiggled them all. I think it needs a new plug for switch but I can't buy one. I'm done for today more hours down the drain.