Man I cant figure this Craftsman out!

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
The only other switch that is not on my list is the operator presence relay......so check that.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yes you replaced it, but does it work.....

DunnDidIt

Threads
Is anyone thinking the belts are too tight, maybe the wrong size. Pulley may be seized. Just an idea

Kangel55

Threads
No time to mess with mower today but right before dark I discovered with the key on I had no juice to plug that goes to seat switch using a test light, so now I will have to check that relay I bought, because Im not sure the relay was making any click when key turned on. Think only thing I hear is solenoid on bottom of carb bowl.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK now it is time to do come testing.
Pull the kill wire off the coil and test it with your lamp connected to the + terminal of the battery because as you should see the black wires are all ground wires.
They should be open circuit when you mow but go ground if you get off the seat without the brake on or get out of the seat with the PTO running.
So now you are going to check for ground at all of the switches ( both sides ) on that black wire.
Somewhere along the line one of them, or the wires that connect them are grounding out and killing the magneto.
Leave the black wire off the coil o prevent power going down that wire as it will fry the chip in the magneto.

The seat switch relay will only be energised when the engine is running as it is powered by the A2 terminal which in turn is powered from the A1 terminal that gets it's power from the alternator.
That connection & the diode between them is inside the switch & not shown ( like vital clues in a British murder mystery ).

I originally did not properly read your first post .
Thus i was thinking your mower was not starting but I see it starts properly but shuts down when you go to move
You will also need to verify the switching on the PTO switch as shown in the table below the diagram as there are a lot of identical looking switches but they switch differently

Kangel55

Threads
OK now it is time to do come testing.
Pull the kill wire off the coil and test it with your lamp connected to the + terminal of the battery because as you should see the black wires are all ground wires.
They should be open circuit when you mow but go ground if you get off the seat without the brake on or get out of the seat with the PTO running.
So now you are going to check for ground at all of the switches ( both sides ) on that black wire.
Somewhere along the line one of them, or the wires that connect them are grounding out and killing the magneto.
Leave the black wire off the coil o prevent power going down that wire as it will fry the chip in the magneto.

The seat switch relay will only be energised when the engine is running as it is powered by the A2 terminal which in turn is powered from the A1 terminal that gets it's power from the alternator.
That connection & the diode between them is inside the switch & not shown ( like vital clues in a British murder mystery ).

Could you explain a bit more simple. Kill wire off coil? Where is coil? Check wire both sides black wire?? I look at some of these switches physically and see more than one black wire I'm not understanding, very sorry.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Black wires goes into a switch and out of one, "test both sides" means you test all black wires from one side of the switch to the other side....

Kangel55

Threads
Black wires goes into a switch and out of one, "test both sides" means you test all black wires from one side of the switch to the other side....

So I use my test light hooked to positive and then chk black wires on all switches and if one black wire doesn't light I found the problem. What about the mention of coil?