Switched 12 accessory output for tow sprayer

Kremeneon

Threads
I bought a trailer sprayer last year and have used it quite a lot, it came with a crappy 12V power harness that clips to the battery and has an inline switch which might work well for a lawn tractor, but is worthless for a ZTR --gotta reach out behind you, over the engine to reach the switch, while driving!

So I ordered some parts and made a nice built-in accessory 12V output for my RSD54. Turn out the steering bars are 7/8" dia same as standard motorcycle bars. So I bought a scooter headlight switch, 30A relay, a fused SAE harness, and built this:

IMG_E5578.jpg

IMG_E5579.jpg

I can still fully drive with the switch mounted there, doesn't get in the way at all for mowing, but when using the sprayer I can easily flip the switch on and off with my last two fingers when underway. Install is only three wires attached to the mower, battery hot from the starter relay, ground at the starter relay, and I picked up the switched ignition orange wire (run wire) from the hourmeter to give control power to the relay, which keeps the relay from accidentally draining the mower battery if I happen to leave the switch on when I'm done mowing. I've used the setup twice so far and love it, cuts my sprayer setup time in half.

mhavanti

Threads
Excellent upgrade!

BoylermanCT

Threads
Very nice. Looks professional!

liquordealer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did about the same and added a bicycle rear view mirror so I could see what the sprayer is doing.

mhavanti

Threads
Kreme,

Don't be tellin' Liquordealer he is a genius, we'll not be able to get his head in the door.

Let's tell him instead: Great job!

Max