Silver Eagle Dixie Chopper not starting after use

Mr. Milkshake

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought new 2016 Dixie Chopper 72" Silver Eagle with a Kawasaki 27hp engine. Everything ran fine last year til the fall. When finished with last job, loading machine and returned to shop. Mower would not turn over to start. Low oil alarm sounded (as usual), but would not turn over. No clicks, nothing. Took to a local dealer, said the seat safety switch was bad. Replaced switch, started during winter with no actual run time. First job this spring, same problem. Returned to same dealer, said the same switch was stuck, freed it up and charged me $40, even though it's warranty. Ran for a week, same problem, back to same dealer. kept it a few days. Told them the oil heat exchanger on the engine gets really hot, they said there is no oil temp shut off or low oil shut off on these machine's, low oil will sound alarm, but will not keep engine from running. Never found problem, machine runs. two weeks later, same problem. Went to different dealer, this one actually starting checking for problem. He told me these engine's have to be run at full throttle all the time! Had not heard this til now. Thought it might be the safety control module, changed it out, two weeks later, same problem. I did find that if (after engine had cooled) if I put some water over the cooler, the engine started right up, have done this twice, worked both times. Wondering if anyone else has encountered problems with Kawasaki engine oil coolers? And if anyone has found a fix for machine not turning over (alarm sounds, absolutely nothing else moves) but will work fine when pouring water over oil cooler on side of engine cowling?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Dumping the dealer was a good start, he obviously has no idea how to run a dealership and build up large strong customer base.

Before we start we need to check what is and isn't fitted to your mower.
Every Dixie I have worked on has a low oil cut out fitted so you can not start them if the oil level is too low although you can run them dry.

To do that we need the engine serial number complete so those who have access to the information can check what should have been fitted.
Also your complete mower serial & model numbers so we can check the wiring diagram to see what is there as well.

Next, you must read your owners manual.
If you don't have it you can download one from Dixie for free.
the running instructions are there and somewhere it will tell you to always run at full throttle.
Running slowly will cause the engine to overheat and the hydros to fail prematurely