Huqvarna 125BT Backpack Blower Questions

Guggenheim24

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got 2 questions for this machine:
1. Years ago, before I got into wrenching on engines and became mechanically inclined, my dad always said to never prime the engine on this blower, because it formed a leak, and to only choke it when cold. A few months ago, it came up in conversation. Now that I'm more mechanically inclined, I searched the internet high and low for a rebuild kit, but just couldn't find one. I forgot about it over the winter, but just remembered about it when I saw this website. So, is there one out there I just haven't seen that you guys may? Or is there really no rebuilt kit for a 125BT out there?
2. When looking at the carb today, I noticed there are no adjusting screws, just one for the idle speed. Now, if you guys somehow find a rebuild kit, and I can rebuild it, it might need adjustment, but I don't see any screws to do so. Are they hiding somewhere? Or are there purposefully none there thanks to the wonderful EPA? Answers to both questions are appreciated. Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Husqvana use RuZing carbs ( think they own them ) on a lot of their hand helds.
There are no rebuild kits available for them just replacement carbs.
To rebuild them you will need 2 gasket kits, a Walbro & a Zama as they use the metering diaphragm from one & the pump diaphragm from the other.
RU1 & RU 2 gasket kits are available from the gasket makers in China but they come in 1000 unit lots of each item.

Guggenheim24

Forum Newbie
Threads
So, can these carburetors be adjusted? If not, can I replace it with a carburetor that can both be rebuilt if need be and be adjusted? Or is this ruZing carburetor the only one that can go on it? Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Mostly new carbs have non adjustable jets, EPA strikes again.
There are thousands of them because every impliment ever made uses a different variation of basically the same carb.

Guggenheim24

Forum Newbie
Threads
There are thousands of them because every impliment ever made uses a different variation of basically the same carb.
So does that mean I could find an aftermarket carb that would fit my 125bt backpack blower and still run properly and be adjustable? If so, where could i find one?