Hydro Pump Chatter

rbooe05

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys, i have a 2014 silver eagle 2760 and i have about 150 hours on it. Last year i noticed a lot of chatter coming from the right hydro pump and you can feel it in the pump with your hand on it. I changed the oil and filters for the hydro system and bled the air really well and it didnt seem to make any difference. It runs fine just chatters at idle or slow speed. The chatter changes with the speed of the motor until about half throttle and then it goes away completely. So start of this summer i jacked up the rear, opened the bypass and slowly moved the sticks in both directions for like half an hour and its not making a difference. These pumps are extremely pricey so I don't want to buy one if i dont need it. Just checking to see if anyone else has had this issue or if there is a fix for it? Thanks!

Lawn Addict
Threads
Best for the pumps is running engine at WFO.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have a close look at the belt & pulley.
Check them for damage.
Check the pulley for looseness on the shaft.

rbooe05

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a close look at the belt & pulley.
Check them for damage.
Check the pulley for looseness on the shaft.

Well I decided to pull the deck and change all the belts and have a look. Turns out the pulley bolt was loose and made the keyway wear out. New key way and all new belts and no more noise! I guess I forgot the kiss method! "Keep it simple, stupid" haha thank you!