error code

docmoyers

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all and Thanks for the add. I have a 2018 Bad Boy Magnum and it is showing on the instrumentation panel a code of 6-1 n now. Can anyone explain this to me and tell me what I need to do

Thanks in Advance

Doc

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is that new, 2018, I’d be talking to my dealer as the unit is under warranty.

matt1932

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Maverick with the same code? Only has about 5 hours on it.

Luffydog

Threads
Do they both have the kohler engines on them?

Mower King

Threads
The hr meters on the new Bad Boys are different from the hr meters in the past. Companys change parts manufacturing often! That reading means nothing according to Bad Boy & should be ignored.If you push the small button on the hr meter,you will notice several different readings that are of no concern, meaning nothing, RPM's and Hours are the important ones.....call your dealer that you bought it from, that should be what they tell you.

ec121

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also get some error codes on my 48" Magnum. However, they can't mean anything because when I look at the electrical print, there are no sensors wired up to the display module generate the errors. I think the factory uses the same little display for all models.

Mower King

Threads
The hr meters on the new Bad Boys are different from the hr meters in the past. Companys change parts manufacturing often! That reading means nothing according to Bad Boy & should be ignored.If you push the small button on the hr meter,you will notice several different readings that are of no concern, meaning nothing, RPM's and Hours are the important ones.....call your dealer that you bought it from, that should be what they tell you.

This is an answer I posted back in 2018...good info for 2019 also!

Diddley Squat

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all and Thanks for the add. I have a 2018 Bad Boy Magnum and it is showing on the instrumentation panel a code of 6-1 n now. Can anyone explain this to me and tell me what I need to do

Thanks in Advance

Doc
All New Bad Boy Mowers are to have the OIL CHANGED after a 5 Hr Engine Break- In Period. You will see “b - In Now” when reach 5 hours of use to Remind you out is time to change the Oil for its Brand New Engine Break In period of 5 hours use. That’s to Protect a grand new Engine that may have new parts metal shavings ect from manufacture to ensure any factory Dust, shavings ect are Removed from the Engine now that loosened up after 5 hours use. So yes after 5 hours of mowing- Gages Says: b in Now = B Service/oil change due after first 5 hours. ( Press it again an Can see it also says: Oil Change in 500, an Air Filter in 500 ect. Let’s you know a Service is due. B = Break-In Engine Oil Change time.