New HRX217 belt slipping

Baughman85

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a brand new HRX217VKA. First time using it and the belt is slipping. With the dial turned up about a quarter it would slip starting out and you could feel it slipping going up hills or thru thick grass. The grass was damp from dew this morning but I feel like a Honda should be able to cut damp grass and not have any belt slip. The only way I could keep it from slipping at startup was to turn the ground speed up and engage the drive all the way then feather it back to a manageable speed. However It was still slipping on hills and in thick grass. Is this just the belt and pulleys breaking in or is there something I can adjust?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is from the book that you should have with the mower.

Cable Adjustment With the engine off, loosen the jam nut one revolution. Without pushing the Smart Drive control, pull the lawn mower backwards to check wheel resistance. If no wheel resistance exists, mark the adjuster and TIGHTEN the adjuster one turn at a time until the wheels lock-up when pulling earward. Turn the adjuster in the LOOSEN direction 4 complete revolutions. Tighten the jam nut to lock the adjuster in place.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 24