Changed 2000 10547 dura force into side discharge from mulching;in action

lewb

Threads
  • / Changed 2000 10547 dura force into side discharge from mulching;in action
I wanted to change my staggered deck from mulching to side discharge at some point. The last time I used a side discharge mower was probably in 1987. My dad did not like LB's back in the day because of the smoke from the 2-stoke engine. I can remember a neighbor kid mowing an over grown yard near our house with a brick top LB. It was a calm humid evening and the smoke just lingered above the lawn for several minutes. I was amazed how well that little engine could go through the over grown yard. I did not know it at the time but that is was hooked me with LB. Anyway I put this video together of changing the 10547 from mulching to side discharge. The 10547 does a very good job at mulching, no complaints there. I am just curious how different the cut would be and how the mower would disperse the clippings. I would say the cut is better as a side discharge, only slightly. So far no issues with clippings, I figure if the lawn get too high and the mower leaves long blades I will just double cut. I plan to only use the 10547 on my back yard, the front is going to be mulched with my 10590.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PppOQxyMmNU

AnthemBassMan

Threads
  • / Changed 2000 10547 dura force into side discharge from mulching;in action
Nice! My recently acquired LB 7262 throws the grass out pretty good. It still has the mulch fan on it, but the regular block off plate. I’m gonna have to pick up a mulching plate for it because I mostly mulch unless the rain makes the grass shoot up before I can mow. Here’s my 45 second clip of it mowing partially into my neighbor’s backyard.

L8R,
Matt