18.5 HP single vs 22 HP V-Twin

MaJaGo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am deciding between two Husqvarna Lawn Tractors, - one with a 42 inch deck and the single cylinder 18.5 HP Intek, and one with a 46-inch deck and the 22 HP V-twin. I hear that the 22HP V-twin runs quieter and smoother and with more power than the 18.5HP single-cylinder. However, the 46-inch will just barely get thru the doors of my shed (only 1/2" leeway on each side with the chute up) and I am wondering if the engine is that much better that it will be worth the hassle of lining it up perfectly thru the shed doors every time. Any opinions?

Also., the 46-inch will obviously get my lawn done a little faster, but I am wondering if it will have so much less maneuverability than the 42" that I'll wind up spending extra time hand-trimming the corners. Opinions on that too?

I don't do much heavy towing so the extra few horsepower is not that big a deal to me but of course more is always nice.

Thanks for any help

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have a chat to the dealer.
You can get the 42" deck put on the V twin.
It will not go 1"/hr faster cause they both turn at the same speeds but it will not bog down as mush when heavy mowing.
It will also use more fuel.

The V-twins have a slip on muffle that tends to leak a lot around the header pipes but some high temp silicon works wonders.

MaJaGo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks! I am getting it from a big box store (Lowes), I don't think they will swap decks for me.