Buying Advice X720 for sale - Should I buy it?

HarleyP

Forum Newbie
Threads
I live in Clark County Washington (not far from Portland Oregon) and am considering buying a used X720 mower. A guy has one for sale in Portland - X720, 2010 with 620 hours, 27 hp, 62 inch deck. He claims it runs like new. Comes with a mulching kit. He is asking $6800 but said he would negotiate if I bring cash. What do y'all think?

dfbroxy

Threads
I think its a bit risky to take that kind of cash to someones house that you dont know. The tractor sounds great if you can get him down on price a little. I would make sure i test drove it for about 15min if he will let you.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Be sure to bring a few friends with you, with camera's, & smaller items ( cash sale ) you arrange to meet a police station, or other safe spot, I believe Craigslist even advises this, not long ago an elderly couple went to make a cash purchase and were found dead in a remote area, it was known by friends, they were going to a large cash purchase on Craigslist, BE CAREFUL with cash, write down the details or copy the entire ad and be sure a trusted person has a copy of it and knows your ETA's and be sure your cellphone is fully charged and on recording mode (if available) Good Luck !!