Craftsman ZTS 7500 26 HP

bassmaster6602

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having issues with the mower of losing power while mowing and then the power comes back to normal. there is no back fire,hesitation or shutting off during this time. I just completed a full maintenance on this with new oil and filter, fuel filter,spark plugs (OEM), air filter and adjusted the valves. please keep in mind this was the main reason for the tune-up thinking it would resolve the issue, but has not. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Note: Only happens when blades are engaged

dfbroxy

Threads
Check the spindles on the deck. If they are worn and need to be replaced it can rob you of HP. It could also be a governor issue on the engine.

bassmaster6602

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having issues with the mower of losing power while mowing and then the power comes back to normal. there is no back fire,hesitation or shutting off during this time. I just completed a full maintenance on this with new oil and filter, fuel filter,spark plugs (OEM), air filter and adjusted the valves. please keep in mind this was the main reason for the tune-up thinking it would resolve the issue, but has not. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Note: Only happens when blades are engaged

I have check and confirmed the governor is in specs and working as designed but noticed the problem still persist and also at idle is now acting up, I'm suspecting possible carburetor maybe o-ring seal by-passing air. let me know any of your thoughts. Thank you so kindly

dfbroxy

Threads
Checking for air leaks is a great idea. If that doesnt work check the fuel tank for trash, then remove fuel line at filter and blow through it and check again. If there is trash in tank then clean. Now test mower. Another posibility is bad fuel lines. Just because they look ok on outside they may be bad on inside and restrict fuel flow. Also carb may need a good cleaning or a rebuild. It could be one or a combination of these. Which order you check them is up to you. I usually start at the gas tank becaues it easy and free. Check crankcase tube to fuel pump. this will be rubber tube from fuel pump to valve cover or to engine block. Good luck and keep me posted