Freebie LB 7262...

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Hey there. I picked up a free non running 7262 with a D600 series engine a few days ago. The magnesium deck is in pretty rough shape, but after a couple hours of working on it, I got it running and mowing. Surprisingly, this thing is running somewhat decent with a broken throttle shaft spring. Must just be the air flow keeping the butterfly valve open, because it’s slow to pick up speed if I bog it down.

When I pulled the muffler off, I was quite surprised to see the exhaust ports were completely open. The muffler on the other hand was loaded with carbon and oil sludge. I spent a good bit scraping everything out. The piston and cylinder wall was completely void of scoring that I could see. I even checked the reed valves and they were at .012” with my feeler gauge. Once I get the throttle spring taken care of, it should run like a raped ape!

Here’s a short video clip of it mowing heavy weeds yesterday after I got it running. Like I said, the deck is pretty rough but serviceable for now.

L8R,
Matt

2smoked

Threads
It’s hard to tell exactly from the sound on the video, but also check crankshaft for side to side play. Nothing beats free.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
Here’s a 23 second clip of it sitting still running. The rattling you hear is from the handlebars. You can see me move the and it makes it worse. The guy I got it from told me that he hasn’t used it for at least 10-15 years when it quit running. I may drill the cracks in the deck and fill them with JB Weld. Or maybe just find another deck someday.

L8R,
Matt

AnthemBassMan

Threads
I took apart the carb and removed the throttle shaft. I cut the broken end of the spring and bent a leg out like I’ve seen new ones. The throttle is actually more responsive. Go figure! I mowed a half mower’s width into my neighbor’s yard who mows maybe once a month. This thing ran through his high grass like a rabid beaver going through balsa wood! I’ll still have to get a new throttle shaft assembly and spring someday. The shaft had some grooves worn into it.

L8R,
Matt