Yazoo jack shaft failure/repair

1pep

Threads
WISH it was....... on Craigslist $22,500.00 "23" body .. :thumbsup:..:thumbsup:

https://ocala.craigslist.org/cto/d/bucket/6596735230.html

Ts are really the cheaper cars to buy, HotRod wise. Not fan cause of the way the driver sits and cockpit layout. Looks are cool I can give it that very mechanical.

On the good side they can make someone a nice donor car. Ditch the body and frame and install the drive train in a coupe or sedan.

Below is a friends 23 roadster. Notice how the steering wheel sits, comparing it to the T. More laid-back, like the driving position better over a T..

DSCN0044.jpg

pep

cashman

Threads
Pep, Good Job! That should be there till the cows come home! It's good to see someone keeping these old Yazoo's going. I've got a 1968 B-33 24" self-propelled on it's sixth engine. That EY-18 engine on yours was a great engine. Like they used to say "If you ain't Yazooing, you ain't mowing!"

1pep

Threads
Pep, Good Job! That should be there till the cows come home! It's good to see someone keeping these old Yazoo's going. I've got a 1968 B-33 24" self-propelled on it's sixth engine. That EY-18 engine on yours was a great engine. Like they used to say "If you ain't Yazooing, you ain't mowing!"

Cashman,

Thanks

The mower really cuts the grass evenly, a real horse.

I would like to see a picture of your Yazoo should you have one. 6th engine on the same deck and frame, man that speaks to the quality of the machine.

Yazoo is like the older American cars, repairable, well built and with some care last long time. I've only met one other person, now 2 counting you with a Yazoo.

We are the lucky (chosen) ones :laughing:

:thumbsup:

pep

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Cashman,

Thanks

The mower really cuts the grass evenly, a real horse.

I would like to see a picture of your Yazoo should you have one. 6th engine on the same deck and frame, man that speaks to the quality of the machine.

Yazoo is like the older American cars, repairable, well built and with some care last long time. I've only met one other person, now 2 counting you with a Yazoo.

We are the lucky (chosen) ones :laughing:

:thumbsup:

pep

CHOSEN ??? Could it be CURSED Instead ?? ..
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20a6980289a7a60364a23f462ad7ed16--smiley-faces-emoticon.jpg
    20a6980289a7a60364a23f462ad7ed16--smiley-faces-emoticon.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 25

cashman

Threads
Pep, Yazoo sold there first mower in 1945. It wasn't too different from the mower you have. Later about 1955, they came out with a front cut riding mower that was a zero turn three wheeler with either a 48 or 60" cut deck. I have a 60" YR60 that I still use that was built in 1973. They sold the lawnmower factory to Husqvarna many years ago. My dad sold his first Yazoo in 1950. I still work for the only remaining company of the old Yazoo group after 35 years, Auto Electric and Carburetor which is a distributor of AC Delco, Motorcraft, and Mopar automotive parts.

1pep

Threads
Pep, Yazoo sold there first mower in 1945. It wasn't too different from the mower you have. Later about 1955, they came out with a front cut riding mower that was a zero turn three wheeler with either a 48 or 60" cut deck. I have a 60" YR60 that I still use that was built in 1973. They sold the lawnmower factory to Husqvarna many years ago. My dad sold his first Yazoo in 1950. I still work for the only remaining company of the old Yazoo group after 35 years, Auto Electric and Carburetor which is a distributor of AC Delco, Motorcraft, and Mopar automotive parts.

Interesting bit of history thank you Cashman,

Sounds like Yazoo was a pretty robust company, then came the bean counters. And another good product fades away. I know I will be keeping the mower, has many spring times left in it. The design is simple and very repairable, is a 26" cut, and no safety switches.

pep

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Mower envy .........^............ROTFLMAO :laughing:

pep

Just bustin your chops pep... GREAT job on the shaft support, trouble with a "T" is, the arse-end is always trying to become the front end, BUT.. THEY are head-turners ! .. :wink:..:wink:

1pep

Threads
Just bustin your chops pep... GREAT job on the shaft support, trouble with a "T" is, the arse-end is always trying to become the front end, BUT.. THEY are head-turners ! .. :wink:..:wink:

I'm on board................ no worry. I have a sense of humor. It gets missed sometimes. But that's to be expected cause we do not see faces on the WWW.

Then again that might be a good thing:laughing:

pep

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm on board................ no worry. I have a sense of humor. It gets missed sometimes. But that's to be expected cause we do not see faces on the WWW.

Then again that might be a good thing:laughing:

pep

I found your H.S. yearbook photo ....... ding (Small).jpg .. NICE shot !! .. :laughing:..:laughing: