my TORO has started "surging / hunting" when idling

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / my TORO has started "surging / hunting" when idling
Might want to try taking it to you local repair shop and see if they have an old one laying around. If they do pay big time for it, as they are preventing you from purchasing a new carb.

shona13

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello;

Reactivating this thread, as I need that small/thin O ring for the idle jet, and have no idea where to get one or even a part number. Can the O ring be gotten by itself, or do you need to buy both the idle jet together? Guys at my local parts shop were too busy to look deeply.

This is on a Toro 20383 SR4, with a Loncin engine Model: 120 3949 Serial: 111100002523

Thanks much.

hi.
If you measure or get someone to measure the ,grove depth and diameter where the O ring fits I can send you one for the cost of postage.
Hutch.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / my TORO has started "surging / hunting" when idling
Just get a new Chinese carb off ebay or amazon. Usually around $12.00 shipped to your door. These carbs are not even worth cleaning anymore when a new one is so cheap. People running ethanol fuel take notice of this.

Also remove and clean the fuel tank. You can rinse the tank out with Diesel then paint it on your wooden stockade fence. Replace the fuel line. Install an inline filter and fuel shutoff (on ever mower). Use fuel stabilizer and fresh NON ETHANOL fuel. Change the oil every two months. It only holds like 18 ounces. Not going to break the bank. Get a 2 gallon jug of Supertech 30w at walmart for $19.75. Will last you a long time.

slomo

Rick42wood

Threads
When I have a very small port to clean I throw it in a pot of boiling water for a while. It usually works. For the O-Ring, you can buy a cheap kit that has about 50 different sizes, down to really small. Something should work. If your in Canada, Princess Auto has kits and I would imagine Harbour freight in the US would have them.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Search the archives for "jet o ring" some one posted a link a while back to a McMaster & Carr number.
Down side was the packet was something like 20.
Jet + o ring is a purchasable part but not the O ring by itself as the cost of shipping would be 10 times the cost of the rings themselves which is why you have to buy them in 20 packs.

Lawn Addict
Threads