Mulching w/ 4 square supremes (8157 & 8481)

What_Is_It?

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,

I recently purchased the mulching kit for my 2 Supremes, an 8157 & 8481. Right now they have the standard blades on them that work excellent for the rear bagger.
I haven't yet received the mulching kit, but should I be putting a mulching blade on with the kit? I've read around and just can't find the recommended blade part number for use with the kit.
If anyone out there runs one of the 4 squares with the mulching kit, I'd really like to hear what you use and your experience.

Thanks,

Jason

lewb

Threads
I have 2 LB, 10547(2000) staggered deck and 10590(1993) 4 sq deck. Both mulch with factory set up. The staggered deck uses a mulching fan and blocking off discharge. Both use the same factory blade. Without the fan the 10547 does not mulch worth a crap. The 10590 just uses the factory blade, there is more space for clipping to congregate until they are chopped up as compared to the 10457. I have been using the 10590 for 4 seasons and have not had any issues with the mulching application. This past week I was gone for a week and the lawn grew to 6-7 inches. I cut at 3 1/2. The 10590 did have some issues mulching that much of grass. I had to double cut at the same height going over at different direction. After that the cut was a table top before there were many uneven areas.

I am assuming your mulching kit is a plug for the bag chute. It should do fine, one thing you could do is use the mulching fan which will bolt right on to your blade. Not sure how that would work but would be easy to try. My 10590 has never built up grass in deck and distributes the clippings through out the deck. Only issue I have had was over loading motor while trying to process too much grass. The 10547 when mulching high grass will put a line or wind row of clipping to the right side of the deck.