Seems to be stuck in cruise control in forward and reverse.

mnm2011

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Seems to be stuck in cruise control in forward and reverse.
Hello,

I have a Craftsman T3000 42" mower that I bought new a couple of years ago. My wife went to cut the grass the other day and right off the bat she could not get it to go forward and reverse out of the shed. I had her hold the brake down and move the park brake and nothing happened. She moved the cruise control and it finally moved. When I came home the mower was outside of the shed and she told me that it was acting funny. I cranked it up and when I went to go forward without applying the brake it would not go. I moved the forward and reverse pedal by hand while she was on the mower and its started going back on its own without the pedal pressed. She applied the brake and it stop and let off on the brake and it didn't move. The same action goes for forward also. This has never happened before. I've always been able to jump on the mower and press the pedal either direction and go and when I let off the pedal it would stop. Does anyone have any suggestion that may help?

Thanks!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Seems to be stuck in cruise control in forward and reverse.
Most likely going to be debris stuck around the drive controls so start with a good clean.