Timecutter SS4200 oil capacity

broo

Threads
As title says, I have a Toro Timecutter SS4200 that I bought new in 2017. I don't yet have that many hours on it (12), so I changed the oil only once at 5 hours as the manual recommends. Next oil change should be around 100 hours, but I'll change it once a year even if I don't reach this milestone.

The engine is the Toro 452 cc, which is really a Loncin LC1P92F-1.

The Toro manual calls for 1.5L of oil. After draining the oil and changing the filter, I can only put in 1L and I'm exactly at the full mark on the dipstick, even after using it for a few more hours, it's still right at this mark.

Could I possibly have left 0.5L of oil (which would be 33% of its oil) in the engine ? I drained the engine completely, or so I thought. It wasn't even dripping anymore when I closed the drain cap.

ranma2913

Forum Newbie
Threads
As title says, I have a Toro Timecutter SS4200 that I bought new in 2017. I don't yet have that many hours on it (12), so I changed the oil only once at 5 hours as the manual recommends. Next oil change should be around 100 hours, but I'll change it once a year even if I don't reach this milestone.

The engine is the Toro 452 cc, which is really a Loncin LC1P92F-1.

The Toro manual calls for 1.5L of oil. After draining the oil and changing the filter, I can only put in 1L and I'm exactly at the full mark on the dipstick, even after using it for a few more hours, it's still right at this mark.

Could I possibly have left 0.5L of oil (which would be 33% of its oil) in the engine ? I drained the engine completely, or so I thought. It wasn't even dripping anymore when I closed the drain cap.

I just found this website which says 1L capacity without filter. 1.05L width filter

Lawn Addict
Threads
I always run my mower back wheel up on a 2"x 12" on opposite side of the oil drain.. Reason is, it gets the oil over to the drain. In fact it was mentioned in my long ago Toro manual.

Lawn Addict
Threads
2017 till now, Yea you are overdue for fresh oil & filter.