345 John Deere mower

Greg Creson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was having a problem with my JD 345 mowing for about 30-45 minutes and then just stalling and would not restart for about one hour. I read on this forum that the major problem was the time delay module. I had already taken it to a mower repair shop and they replaced the battery, cleaned the carb, changed the oil, put on new blades and made sure the hole in the gas cap was open but it stopped again after when I got the mower home. That cost me $294 and still didn't work. I had replace the time delay module about 3 years ago because it wouldn't start without tapping the time delay module with a screwdriver handle, so after seeing this comment on the forum I replaced the time delay module again at a cost of $22.25. I mowed my 2 acre yard and it didn't stop running. Thank you forum for this suggestion and now my problem is resolved.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And I have another suggestion.

Do yourself a massive favour go to the JD web site and get a copy of the technical manual for your mower.
They may come as a digital download, CD or hard copy.
While they are not cheap, and nothing that is good is ever cheap, in reality the price is less than a dealers labour charge for a routine service so it is not expensive.
What is particularly good is each section starts off by telling exactly how things work then goes through a set of simple, easy to follow testing proceedures.
They put in diagrams showing exactly where everything is hidden on the mower.
The electrical section has both a schematic diagram and a loom diagram so you know what every pin on every plug is, where the wires go & what they do
And a really big plus is they have an engine service section for every one of the engines that were fitted new which is way better than what Kohler, Briggs or Kawasaki put out.
Don't bother scouring the web for cheaper pirated copies or Deer Service compilations CD's / DVD's as most contain the same bad, incomplete or useless manuals that some keyboard pirate found.
I started doing this but ended up with things like all the words but empty holes where the photos would go, or the 2 page fold out wiring diagrams as a JPEG that can not be read.
On top of that I get an extra $ 100- $ 200 ( AUS ) when I sell one with the technical manual included thus making a 100 % ( or more ) profit on the manual alone.

QuantumRift

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Time Delay Module is prob the primary culprit in "no start issues". I even keep a spare handy. I've also bypassed the seat switch anyways.