First Time ZTR - Kubota, Deere, Dog, Hustler

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just a couple of questions about how you have formed your opinions from a newbie:

1. Are you in the lawn mower repair business and that is how you have seen so many Kubota Z100 series with issues? How do you know they are junk?

2. What is your opinion on the Scag Freedom Z vs Exmark Radius E vs Gravely ZTHD?

Thanks

I operate a commercial lawn business. I have owned a ZG 222 Kubota and a ZD 326 Kubota. I have not owned one of the 100 series but I have observed them ever since they came out. I have seen numerous ones that thad issues.

I am not sure about the Scag Freedom Z or the Exmark Radius E or the Gravely ZTHD. I know that if I were buying a new mower of that price range I would go with any of those before I bought the John Deere or the Kubota. Hustler makes a good mower as well. Not sure what the model of the entry level Zero Turn is though.

My personal favorite mower is Scat Tiger Cat. I have 4 of them. In my opinion they are as good as it gets. If I found anything better for my type business I would be running it.

tragusa3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry, I haven't come back to the site for months.

I'm no expert at all. I spent a few months internet researching and visited a few places in person. That's the extent of my knowledge.

For what it's worth, I've got 30 hours on mine now. Its been flawless and impressive. I didn't expect the level of control that a ZTR gives. I can put the deck within a quarter inch of where I want it. Amazing. Drawbacks have been the amount of debris that a ZTR kicks into the air and the bad ride on bumpy lawn.