Fuel leakingout Carb intake on Craftsman Walk Behind Trimmer

SHOESNSOCKS

Threads
  • / Fuel leakingout Carb intake on Craftsman Walk Behind Trimmer
I'm working on a friends trimmer. I put some new fuel in the empty tank after it had sat all winter and the fuel started coming out of the airfilter. I pulled apart the carb and it was all rusted out and not worth repairing, so I bought a new one. It still runs out the air filter!? Any ideas on what would cause this? Here's some pictures

I've got it leaned back like that in order to prevent all the fuel from leaking out. It's canned fuel so I hate wasting it.

Attachments

• 20180604_120716.jpg
    20180604_120716.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180604_120731.jpg
    20180604_120731.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 16

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some of the crud from the fuel tank or from a collapsing fuel line has gotten into the carb and is preventing the float valve from closing.
Yo will need to remove the carb and clean it remove the fuel tank & clean it then replace the fuel line.
While you are there pop a tap in the fuel line .
You can then turn the fuel off before you finish mowing at the end of the season , run the engine dry and prevent a repeat performances next season.

SHOESNSOCKS

Threads
Alright thank you. Also I forgot to put up the engine model number. I'll have to do that when I get home. It seems so weird for anythinh to have gotten anything stuck in it since it was run dry last year and the tank looks pretty clean and has only had canned fuel run through it for the past year.

If I do all that and it still does the same thing is it possible it's just a bad carb?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The problem is what we get now days pretending to be petrol.
Synthetic oils are great
Synthetic petrol not so good.

SHOESNSOCKS

Threads
The fuel line was hooked up to the wrong part of the carb. I feel a little stupid, but I'm sure I'm not the first one to do it and won't be the last.

If you're familiar with these engines you can see it in the second picture of the first post.