Swisher STD4422HO Walk behind trimmer (yes or no?)

jab862

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Swisher STD4422HO Walk behind trimmer (yes or no?)
I am looking for a good walk behind line trimmer to trim around my house and around a 1/2+ acre pond with some slight angled banks. I need the offset head to get close to the water but not in it! I don't have heavy brush to cut, just mainly a lot of trimming. It takes me two trips around the pond with my line trimmer so I don't have to get too close with my Grasshopper mower. I have got it stuck in the pond edges trying to get away from trimming with my carry line trimmer. It sounds like the Swisher would do the job but I can't find many good reviews on it. Any suggestions? Is it a good machine or is there a better choice? The going price seems a bit much also. Thanks for any help

jab862

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had 31 views but still no advice? Any ideas
for help?

jab862

Forum Newbie
Threads
Called Swisher directly - worthless!!!

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well, not sure how helpful this will be. I was gifted a Ryobi walk-behind trimmer and found it pretty useless. It used pre-cut lengths of line and it was a pain to keep replacing them. Another issue was on uneven ground it alternately scalped and cut too tall. Overall it was just cumbersome to use IMO. I'm not sure how much of what I've said will be applicable to the unit(s) you're looking at.

For that kind of trimming around our pond I use a bike-handlebar trimmer and harness (Stihl FS 110).

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have had 31 views but still no advice? Any ideas
for help?

There are well over 10,000 members on this forum.
A lot of them use the "new posts" function to check what has been posted since they last checked in.
When they do so it rocks up a "view".
Thus so far 61 people who do not own a Swisher and can offer no help with a swisher have viewed your post
Do you really want 61 " I got no idea but God Bless you & your family " replies to wade through or would you prefer to get answers from other Swisher owners.