Kaw FH721v surging

Bulldogparts

Forum Newbie
Threads
I cannot take credit for this, but it’s running and idling like it should. What did I do? I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA!! Like I said in an earlier post, as long as I was cutting grass at full throttle, it would run fine. But, throttle down, and it would shut off. Well, I HAD to cut the “hay” today...it’s been raining pretty regularly here. So, I cut it at my mom’s first. About 3 acres. When I finished hers, I throttled down to shut the mower off, and ......... it started idling perfectly, and has been ever since. I cut another 3 acres of my land, and came home and cut another 3/4 acre. It doing fine. It must have been some trash in the carb, that I missed. The only thing that I did do was add 1/2 quart of transmission fluid to each tank of gas trying to help clean the system. Did it do the trick?? I don’t know, but all is fine now.

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO CHIMED IN TRYING TO HELP ME FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!

Bulldogparts

Forum Newbie
Threads
I cannot take credit for this, but it’s running and idling like it should. What did I do? I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA!! Like I said in an earlier post, as long as I was cutting grass at full throttle, it would run fine. But, throttle down, and it would surge and shut off. Well, I HAD to cut the “hay” today...it’s been raining pretty regularly here. So, I cut it at my mom’s first. About 3 acres. When I finished hers, I throttled down to shut the mower off, and ......... it started idling perfectly, and has been ever since. I cut another 3 acres of my land, and came home and cut another 3/4 acre. It doing fine. It must have been some trash in the carb, that I missed. The only thing that I did do was add 1/2 quart of transmission fluid to each tank of gas trying to help clean the system. Did it do the trick?? I don’t know, but all is fine now.

Bulldogparts

Forum Newbie
Threads
I cannot take credit for this, but it’s running and idling like it should. What did I do? I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA!! Like I said in an earlier post, as long as I was cutting grass at full throttle, it would run fine. But, throttle down, and it would surge and shut off. Well, I HAD to cut the “hay” today...it’s been raining pretty regularly here. So, I cut it at my mom’s first. About 3 acres. When I finished hers, I throttled down to shut the mower off, and ......... it started idling perfectly, and has been ever since. I cut another 3 acres of my land, and came home and cut another 3/4 acre. It’s doing fine. It must have been some trash in the carb, that I missed. The only thing that I did do was add 1/2 quart of transmission fluid to each tank of gas trying to help clean the system. Did it do the trick?? I don’t know, but all is fine now.

watglen

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the same engine and it started surging just recently. however, I know I have a broken spring on the governor linkage. Happened at the same time. I am assuming when I get that fixed it will clear up.