Murray 46103x92A

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can't seem to find spindle bearings for this? Can one only get the spindle assembly? It's been one heck of a job get the blades and pulley's off this deck, only to come to a brick wall on finding just bearings.

Three blade deck.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
nationwidepartswarehouse.com

SPINDLE BRNG  A.jpg..SPINDLE BRNG  B.jpg

SPINDLE KIT.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The whole assembly has been superceeded.
You might like to try any of these
Murray: 92574, 492574, 492574MA, 690222, 20551, 24384 & 90905
Stihl / Viking: 6121 009 2574

Bearings are 6202 & 6203

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
After trying to beat the bearings out, with not much success, I ended up ordering three new assemblies. Got all 3 for like $60 on Amazon. They're fitted with grease fittings. I know this customer. He'll keep the bearing greased.

If I can get the housings off without breaking a bolt off in them, I may put new bearings in them and have them for replacements.

Thanks for the site. Good to have back up sites. Especially on hard to find parts.
Funny how this site didn't even pop up on my google search.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't sweat breaking off those self-tappers in the spindle housings, almost EVERY-one I've removed has at least one broken off, you can drill em out but you can buy an entire NEW spindle ready to bolt-on damn cheap that's what I do from now on, I just drill out the new housing holes AND the deck holes to 3/8" and use new nuts, bolts, & washers for mounting, EZ on EZ off if needed.......

DSCN1762 (Medium).JPG..DSCN1999 (Medium).JPG..DSCN2002 (Medium).JPG

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've tried a lot of things to keep from not breaking the bolt off. Sometimes tightening them a little works. But like you said, at least one is going to break off. This deck has 3 spindles. What are the odds of breaking one off on each spindle? If I happened to not break one. I'm going to go by a lottery ticket. Because I'll know I've done used up all my good luck for the next 5 years. ha ha ha ha ha ha

BTW, in that first pic, is that a brand new deck? Or did you put a great paint job on it?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've tried a lot of things to keep from not breaking the bolt off. Sometimes tightening them a little works. But like you said, at least one is going to break off. This deck has 3 spindles. What are the odds of breaking one off on each spindle? If I happened to not break one. I'm going to go by a lottery ticket. Because I'll know I've done used up all my good luck for the next 5 years. ha ha ha ha ha ha

BTW, in that first pic, is that a brand new deck? Or did you put a great paint job on it?

Total tear-down, some light grinding, some J-B Weld, some sanding and painting and reassembly, ... good for another 10 years, BECAUSE I dont let any water get on it and I don't mow DAMP/WET grass, RUST NEVER SLEEPS !! only wish the guy I bought it from took as good care of the mower as he did of the engine..

DSCN1432 (Medium).JPG..DSCN1685 (Medium).JPG..DSCN1696 (Medium).JPG..DSCN1698 (Medium).JPG

100_3460 (Medium).JPG..DSCN1739 (Medium).JPG..DSCN1764.jpg

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's pretty amazing work man. I've done my own like that. Not quite as in depth, though. I don't think I could get the money back out of it. I don't get a lot of deck replacements here in Texas.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
That's pretty amazing work man. I've done my own like that. Not quite as in depth, though. I don't think I could get the money back out of it. I don't get a lot of deck replacements here in Texas.

That "pretty" deck was my own personal equipment, and like you say,... I could not get the money out of a rebuild like that for someone else, "Labor of Love" it's called !!

DSCN2498.jpg