ZT HD 52 fuel gauge unreadable

NealS

Threads
Has anyone come up with a solution to be able to tell how much fuel is in the tank.
We can not see the fuel level through the supposedly see through fuel tank.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can't you just unscrew the cap to the fuel tank and look in to see how much is in there?

Edit: Oh, I see, the tank is under the seat with a remote fill. Guess not.

NealS

Threads
Can't you just unscrew the cap to the fuel tank and look in to see how much is in there?

Edit: Oh, I see, the tank is under the seat with a remote fill. Guess not.

And even though the remote fill neck is part of the fuel tank, is it not a straight shot, so it prevents me from sticking a rod in to the bottom to use like a dip stick.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wonder if you could pick up some fuel system dye so you could see it through the tank better?

gravelyzthd52

Threads
Same issue here! Can never see the fuel level through that thing.

tbzep

Threads
I just fold the seat before I start and look at the whole tank. If the fuel level is below the metal plate, I add.

strick

Forum Newbie
Threads
I noticed the same thing. On my old Gravely ZT 42 it was no problem seeing the fuel level.

strick

AnonymousMower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a Gravely ZT HD 44 recently. I like it except that it doesn't have a fuel gauge and was looking for ways to install one when I found this thread. I realize it is five years old but if I found it then others probably will too.

I'll have to determine the length of the sending unit that I would need for the Gravely but here is a good tutorial on how to install one in a zero turn mower. - Cheers

Fuel Gauge & Sending Unit Installation on a Zero Turn Step by Step Long Version
Max's Garaj Mahal
:

Sending units and gauges on eBay: