Fuel Cub Cadet lt1554 not getting fuel, happened instant after dropping off the sidewalk,

UncD57

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet lt1554 not getting fuel, happened instant after dropping off the sidewalk,
Anyone ever have this problem?? Darnedest thing: I was mowing along edge of sidewalk, came up to the corner, went past the corner, rear tire dropped off the sidewalk (about a 3" drop) and almost instantly the engine started stuttering, like it was starved for fuel. I tried choking it, ran for maybe 15 seconds, then died. I figure I must've had a fuel line come off, but no sign of that. Maybe the jolt loosened something in the fuel tank? Is there an automatic fuel line shutoff for accidents like on the old Ford F-150 pickups? Nah. Any ideas? I'm not looking forward to taking it apart yet again. Been a lot of that already this year. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Happy mowing!

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet lt1554 not getting fuel, happened instant after dropping off the sidewalk,
How long is 'almost immediately?'

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nothing so sofisticated on a mower , yet , but I am sure there is a big personal injury claim out there that will force it to happen.
Crank the engine & check for a spark, good chance there will not be one because one of the safety switches has shook loose.
Prime culprit is the open contact seat switch.
Number 2 would be the plug on the solenoid under the carb.

UncD57

Forum Newbie
Threads

UncD57

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nothing so sofisticated on a mower , yet , but I am sure there is a big personal injury claim out there that will force it to happen.
Crank the engine & check for a spark, good chance there will not be one because one of the safety switches has shook loose.
Prime culprit is the open contact seat switch.
Number 2 would be the plug on the solenoid under the carb.

I had a few minutes to look at it.... Spark is fine, no loose safety connections/switches, there's fuel coming out of gas line before the filter, started right up; However, it never really gets up to full rpm's and there's a stutter now that was never there before..... I think it's a dirty pre-filter in the tank or just a dirty tank. Seems like when driving it, it gets better and worse depending on bumpiness or whether there's a slight incline or not. Will tear into it tomorrow or next Monday when I've got more time. Anyway, I managed to finish the two small 120' long strips that I had left (typical time for a failure, Right?). My Thanks to all.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
How long = about 5 feet of travel or 2 to 4 seconds, tops.

That's not long enough for a fuel supply problem to show itself. Most of the fuel in the carburetor bowl has to be used up first.

UncD57

Forum Newbie
Threads
UPDATE: I finally had time..... I removed fuel from tank, removed fuel lines & filter, then blew fuel lines and the tank out with air compressor, replaced filter with new one, saw some crud fly out (surprisingly little though), reassembled everything, added fuel to tank, fired right up and absolutely runs like never before!!!
Just had to be a piece of crud somewhere, probably the filter. Anyhow, THANKS to ALL who responded. Hope this helps someone. Later.

Threads
That's not long enough for a fuel supply problem to show itself. Most of the fuel in the carburetor bowl has to be used up first.

Seems like when driving it, it gets better and worse depending on bumpiness or whether there's a slight incline or not.

Hmmmm I have seen that before too many times......... In his last post he blew some crud out the tank and line.. I can a few stories about that... In fact I think I'll make a video tomorrow about some chit in a tank......

If I forget ya'll remind me please..............