6.5hp old briggs leaking gas at air filter

Threads
Actually if you stretch the spring you are lowering the RPM's.... The part that the spring is attatched to is bendable.. It doesn't take much to increase the rpm's......

1RB2534

Threads
Actually if you stretch the spring you are lowering the RPM's.... The part that the spring is attatched to is bendable.. It doesn't take much to increase the rpm's......

Thanks, I stand corrected on the spring stretch, looking at the throttle lever again now I see it would in fact allow the governor to pull it more closed. It seems I get a little backwards in my decipher the older I get. And now that you point out the fact that it wouldn't take much bracket bend to increase rpm a little, (looking at my pic again) I guess I could bend the round (spring holding) tab down a bit. I'm hesitant to bend it upwards since there is a cover that mounts over. I think I will try that, if I can bend it without the whole bracket starting to deform sounds like a plan. Thanks again.

Edit add-> Oh and by the way as for the original issue of gas leaking out the carb, the new needle and seat appears to have stopped that issue. I ran it long enough to heat up good and then turned it off and looked back at it for bout a 1/2 hr afterwards and no leak at all now. Before it was puddling on the deck.

Last edited: