Murray Pro Series

b1mmuo27

Threads
I just purchased a 2005 Murray Pro Series lawn tractor for parts for my Cub Cadet. The Murray has a 21HP B&S Intak engine in it & the cub cadet is a 19HP Intek. I plan on switching them as well as steering parts & the wheels. What I am looking for is the engine wiring diagram as I want to run the 21HP before I switch them. Thanks.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
supply 12 V to the carb solenoid then jump the starter motor.
make sure the engine is fixed to some thing solid because if the solenoid is cut off or jambs open you will have to pull the plugs to stop it .
Mower engines are self energising and once they start they will continue to run till stopped.
late models have the carb solenoid which needs to be powered in order to start.

b1mmuo27

Threads
supply 12 V to the carb solenoid then jump the starter motor.
make sure the engine is fixed to some thing solid because if the solenoid is cut off or jambs open you will have to pull the plugs to stop it .
Mower engines are self energising and once they start they will continue to run till stopped.
late models have the carb solenoid which needs to be powered in order to start.

The engine is still in the tractor but the wires were a mess. I can get the engine to run by pouring gas in the carburetor. I did put 12Volts on the fuel pump but no start jumping it with fuel in the tank. Does the ignition coils need to be attached to the ignition controller? Thanks

b1mmuo27

Threads
Got it running. Duh no fuel in the tank. Thanks for your help. Had to power the sensor control for the ignition coils.