New Battery and Still having starting issues

robstapp1985

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I have Troy Bilt Bronco that my buddy gave me. Put a new battery in and it started right up and did so the next few times. Now it wont start and I keep having to jump it off with the car. My wife said that one of the kids left the Key in the On Position the first time it happened. Is the battery messed up or could it be something else?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Battery should be fine after a full charge.

robstapp1985

Forum Newbie
Threads
Battery should be fine after a full charge.

So essentially my kid drained the battery and while boosting does start it I need to fully charge to get it back to where it will start by itself? What do you use to charge it?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
How about a battery charger? Then have someone check your charging system to see if it is working properly.

Threads
So I have Troy Bilt Bronco that my buddy gave me. Put a new battery in and it started right up and did so the next few times. Now it wont start and I keep having to jump it off with the car. My wife said that one of the kids left the Key in the On Position the first time it happened. Is the battery messed up or could it be something else?

Rob what exactly is your engine doing when trying to start it ??? It turns a lil bit then it stops ??? Or a lil click ??

If is does a lil turn about halway then it wants to turn a lil more then start it might be your valves out of adjustment.....

Take your spark plug or plugs out and see if it spins over for about 10 to 30 seconds............

Let us know Mon Ami .............

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Iits possible to drain a battery so low by leaving the ignition on that they never recover from it/become damaged. I've had it happen more than once.

clusters4400

Threads
I am no master mechanic yet but here is my $0.02

if the battery is brand spanking new, it should have a warranty. once you either recharge the one you have, or replace it. disconnect that negative cable(typically black) when you are done mowing. if the issue comes back within a few mows like you said before. then I would think its almost a sure bet that your having a charging system issue.

briank

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just had a similar experience. After I bought a brand new battery the key was left on for a week and completely drained the battery. I charged it all day and still dead. I called Batteriesplus Bulbs where I bought the battery and they said household chargers will only charge so much, that they are limited to such and such volts for safety reasons. They said bring it back in and they have a way to bring it back to life. So I did, and left it for a day and they worked their magic. Battery works fine now.