TSC VS Dealer

tuck22

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently bought a ZT Elite 54in with the 747cc kohler and I am happy with it just curious what the difference in the TSC mower models Vs the Dealer models? Also has anybody made any mods that they would like to share?

Last edited:

matt1932

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know this is late and not too informative, but I met a guy at a party that is a dealer, and he told me to stay away from TSC. he said don't even think of buying from them. He also said stay away from Kawi because they are junk. don't know how creditable he is but that is my 2 cents.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If your friend says Kawasaki engines are junk, he hasn’t been around long. In today’s market Kawasaki makes one of the best engines going. If both models you are looking at have the same model number at TSC and dealer, they are the same unit. You can buy at either place, but ask yourself these question. Is TSC going to have parts and give you service? Does TSC have anyone around to answer your questions if a problem arises? If you have to go to a dealer, do you think he will bend over backwards to solve your problems in a timely matter, if you purchased from TSC? Do you really think TSC has anyone around who actually knows anything more about different equipment, if you are comparing units? I’ll bet TSC has great sales personal and can sell it cheap, but after that you are on your own.

Lawn Addict
Threads
That's the thing to weigh, TSC vs Dealer, cause as Rivets pointed out, if you break, the Dealer you did NOT buy from is not gonna squeeze you in, ahead of his loyal customers.

My Z was within 1 week of warranty ending, & I got a valve tick on my Kawasaki engine. I wanted to be sure it was not anything more. Talked to my Dealer that I bought from. he said he's backlogged 1 month. But get it out here & he'll get right on it so I'm covered (if necessary) under warranty. That's Service !!! You think TSC will do that ?

If was simply a valve adjustment, but I played it safe. & because I keep mine very clean, he promised to keep it inside till I pick it back up as well..And that is why I'm a loyal customer.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That's the thing to weigh, TSC vs Dealer, cause as Rivets pointed out, if you break, the Dealer you did NOT buy from is not gonna squeeze you in, ahead of his loyal customers.

My Z was within 1 week of warranty ending, & I got a valve tick on my Kawasaki engine. I wanted to be sure it was not anything more. Talked to my Dealer that I bought from. he said he's backlogged 1 month. But get it out here & he'll get right on it so I'm covered (if necessary) under warranty. That's Service !!! You think TSC will do that ?

If was simply a valve adjustment, but I played it safe. & because I keep mine very clean, he promised to keep it inside till I pick it back up as well..And that is why I'm a loyal customer.

And I am not a dealer for any brand.
I get a lot of repairs from people who bought from a big box store cause when they went to a branded dealer they were either told there was a full month backlog and they would have to pay a deposit ( from $ 75 to $ 150 ) before they would look at the engine, or both.
If you have spat in my face do not expect me to bend over for you.
Dealers make around 75 % or more of their profits from new sales but the workshop represents 75 % of their operating costs.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I didn't have to pay any deposit, nor would I ever do that. I got in @ our States # 1 Award winning Toro Dealership in customer satisfaction. My Dealer.