How much does this mower weigh?

benca1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was recently at Ace and looking at a couple mowers. A 37420 and a 37451. Both are push mowers and have the same deck and are AYP. The only difference is the red one (37420) has a E series engine and the black one has a soft grip on the blade brake handle and has a EXi series engine. On the craftsman site is says the 37420 weighs 73 pounds and the 37451 weighs 60 pounds. Did not make sense so I called craftsman and the person on the other end had no clue what they were talking about. Said one engine weighed 5.5.............at that point to told them that was the torque, not the weight of the engine lol. I ended up having to stop that call. So I got on the Briggs site and the E series engines weigh 17 pounds and the EXi weigh 17.5 pounds. So where the heck is the 13 pound difference if everything is the same weight on the mower. I do not want a 73 pound mower but I would use a 60 pound mower. Other than dragging someone in there from weights and measures to weigh the mowers, I am not sure how to tell which one if either is 60 pounds. I could not find a number for AYP. If anyone knows the number, please let me know. Thanks