testing safety switches

Bob4

Threads
To get power to the blue wire it is a long & torturous path.
amen to that.
Starting at the fuse power goes to the B terminal on the ign switch ( battery power )
From these it goes to the S = Start terminal
Then to the PTO switch, through that if it is turned off
Then to the hand brake safety switch which if it is working will pass voltage through to the blue wire and energise the starter solenoid.

If any link in the chain fails, then you ain't going anywhere.

So now you have to put on the deer stalker, grab the magnifier and do some investigating.
One more saftey to check for the blades. Then the ignition switch. Didn't realize there was one for the parking brake. Thanks for the blow by blow on electricity flow. Will come in handy. But now I have to jump on my Walker and mow the lawn. :frown:

Bob4

Threads
Here's where I am at after 3+ hrs mowing 2.5 acres. Can't wait to move.
Against the advice of a mower shop :)laughing: ) I removed a colored wire from the harness there-by disabling the kill switch. Got power to the blue wire intermittently. Have to hold the ignition switch just so to get fire but I did a few times. I will replace the ignition switch should probably just do the blade safety also. With a bit of starter fluid I actually got it to run for 15 secs. So I know it'll run now anyway. For as long as it's sat I'm sure a carb rebuild is in order.

Bob4

Threads
Last switched checked out fine. New ignition switch and it turns over nicely. Thanks for all the help.
Onto the carb...