Longest WIX oil filter I can use on my Kawasaki FR651V ?

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Longest WIX oil filter I can use on my Kawasaki FR651V ?
My Kawasaki engine takes a 49065-7007 K-Brand oil filter, I would like to add a longer filter for some extra oil & easier to get off. WIX would be the brand I'd like to use.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you're looking for extra filtering capacity, it's probably not worth it. You're going to change oil and filter once per year anyway aren't you? The small filters have more than enough capacity to handle that.

If there's some other reason, you can go to the Wix website and cross over the Kawasaki filter to a Wix. You probably ought to consult with a Wix support person, though, because there are other factors than 'will it fit' that goes into finding a replacement filter that meets all OEM specs.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I was gonna start using Wix oil filters, cause I can get them 5 minutes from here, @ O'Reilleys. & my filter does cross to a Wix 57035, shorty. But is very smooth on end. Where-as the K Brand has the hex end that my cup wrench fits perfectly. That's part of the longer filter idea. (easier to grab by hand).

But my Engine is running so sweet. Maybe I shouldn't rock the boat ? Yes I do annual oil & filter changes averaging 25 hours per year.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
You could always call a Wix support person and explain what you're wanting to do. They might have something that's exactly what you want.

Lawn Addict
Threads
You could always call a Wix support person and explain what you're wanting to do. They might have something that's exactly what you want.

That would be the best bet. Thank You Sir. :thumbsup:

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey Numbers, I don't understand why you need a filter wrench to change it, unless you can't get your hand in there to get a good grip on it, ALL my filters, car's, mower's etc. all spin-off by hand, ... I hand tighten them ON ( lightly oiled on the gasket ) until it makes contact, then APPROX another 3/4 or more turn, it just has to seat SNUGLY, .... NO eating the WHEATIES before-hand !! ..:thumbsup:..:laughing:

John R

Threads
If you're looking for extra filtering capacity, it's probably not worth it. You're going to change oil and filter once per year anyway aren't you? The small filters have more than enough capacity to handle that.

If there's some other reason, you can go to the Wix website and cross over the Kawasaki filter to a Wix. You probably ought to consult with a Wix support person, though, because there are other factors than 'will it fit' that goes into finding a replacement filter that meets all OEM specs.

What he said

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey Numbers, I don't understand why you need a filter wrench to change it, unless you can't get your hand in there to get a good grip on it, ALL my filters, car's, mower's etc. all spin-off by hand, ... I hand tighten them ON ( lightly oiled on the gasket ) until it makes contact, then APPROX another 3/4 or more turn, it just has to seat SNUGLY, .... NO eating the WHEATIES before-hand !! ..:thumbsup:..:laughing:

Boo- I got some big Paws..:laughing: And the oil dip stick is right next to the filter. I've been getting them off by hand, but it is tight fit for my hand to get a good grab. Just trying to make that easier.

What he said

John- Thank You Sir. :thumbsup:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Kawasaki 49065-7007 is the short filter, 49065-7010 is the longer filter.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Boo- I got some big Paws..:laughing: And the oil dip stick is right next to the filter. I've been getting them off by hand, but it is tight fit for my hand to get a good grab. Just trying to make that easier.

BIG paws for BIG boobies !! .. sometimes , Life is Nice !! .. :cool:.. :laughing:..