Garage Air Compressor

Lawn Addict
Threads
There should is a pressure relief valve, dumps the head pressure, so the motor can start when the tank gets low. It is part of the pressure switch that cuts the motor off when full pressure is reached.

They are cheap 30 bucks or so. If you can take a picture of the area behind

X 2.....

clusters4400

Threads
I tried it in a different outlet and it worked fine. Its exceedingly difficult to remove the contact cap without disassembly of the entire unit. I'll keep looking though

1pep

Threads
Yup that's it, but you say moved to another out let solved the problem. If true just keep your eye on it. It fails to start with pressure on the tank that gray unit will cure the problem.

pep

clusters4400

Threads
The relief valve is working properly. I tried the "good outlet" and when the tank was full the on/off lever moved with much less effort. Usually you can feel it but I was smooth. These breakers and outlets are probably about 20 years old and in need of a makeover

Lawn Addict
Threads
When yer air compressor shuts off, you should hear an air discharge, this would be the release of air pressure, so next start up is easier.

LotusLord

Threads
So would the general consensus then be a well rated HF unit for someone buying their first compressor? A friend has a pretty small "pancake" unit which is both loud and seems to need to refill quite often even for seemingly small jobs. It'll mostly be used for filling tires and blowing off lawn equipment. Not anticipating any painting, and probably no air tools but never say never.

1pep

Threads
When yer air compressor shuts off, you should hear an air discharge, this would be the release of air pressure, so next start up is easier.

Exactly X 2 :thumbsup:

pep

cruzenmike

Threads
If you are using any air powered tools that impact like a wrench or air hammer, you certainly want something 30 gallons or larger. With a 10 gallon compressor you won't be able to get a wheel on and off of a vehicle without it having to cycle again. That's just extra wear and tear on the unit. Here is a nice one from Tractor Supply. I don't know the price where you are but it costs $380 here.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...belt-drive-air-compressor-30-gal?cm_vc=-10005

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you are using any air powered tools that impact like a wrench or air hammer, you certainly want something 30 gallons or larger. With a 10 gallon compressor you won't be able to get a wheel on and off of a vehicle without it having to cycle again. That's just extra wear and tear on the unit. Here is a nice one from Tractor Supply. I don't know the price where you are but it costs $380 here.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...belt-drive-air-compressor-30-gal?cm_vc=-10005

I run a 20 gal and can remove and replace a 5 lug tire without compressor restarting until the last lug goes back on.