None

Jerrypro1

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’m 72 years young and between my yard and fields and church fields I cut 12 acres of grass a week. My 2 1/2 acre sometimes twice a week. I have a 2007 ExMark Lazer Z 54”.
It has 1680 hrs and rides rough. Looking to upgrade to a 61 or 72” Cut.
My questions concern reliability concerns between Kohler and Kawasaki EFI engines.
I’m torn between the Scag and ExMark machines. Which rides the best and is reliable for years of service? Problem area on each machine?

RajunCajun

Threads
Ive had great success with my Kawasaki FX730 23.5 on my SnapperPro S150xt with the Hydogear ZT5400 transmissions. My brothers’ 12 year old Gravely ZTR also has a large Kawasaki. He just adjusted the valves for the first time and said it runs like new again. No other issues and very reliable. Both have carbs.

Just make sure the mower you get has “serviceable” transmissions. HydroGear transmission models ZT2800, ZT3100, ZT3400, ZT4400 or ZT5400. Try and stay away from the small sealed EZT Transmissions.

Some brands have flex fork/springer fork options for the front wheels to help the ride. FERRIS and Simplicity mowers have full suspension on their mowers but are more expensive. A good “suspension” type seat is also available on many brands of mowers and might be worth the expense to you.
Eric in LOUISIANA

Last edited:

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
A suspension seat makes a big difference! Also you may want to stay away from the solid/semi pneumatic front caster tires on some never mowers due to them contributing to a rough ride.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome: Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our buying and pricing section.