Mower would not start after replacing circuit breaker now it will only run briefly

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Mower would not start after replacing circuit breaker now it will only run briefly
I am looking at the fact that you posted up "Mower would not start after replacing circuit breaker" try with a inline fuse holder with the same Amp fuse ( by past the circuit breaker) to see if that fuse blows, if that doesn't then you will know that the problem is with the circuit breaker you have cutting out, I know sometimes you can have circuit breakers that are too sensitive or the clutch (something) is pulling more then the rating amps, you need to know what made the first one burn out, was it just a bad connection or was it something like the (clutch) pulling too many Amps, or is there something wrong with the wiring, or even switchers. what is the circuit breaker rating, is it around 60Amps...?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Golf Pro 61

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Mower would not start after replacing circuit breaker now it will only run briefly
I have a snapper 18 hp courage 44" deck model 1694454. Mower would not start. I found a broken wire on breaker so replaced breaker and connections. Motor started no problem thought I was done but it will only run between 5 & 30 seconds before stopping. When cold it will run longer when hot after trying to keep it running it will run shorter time. During this time I just let it run did not drive to driver or engage PTO. It will drive no problem but same result. Try to engage PTO same result just short runs. I have replaced the fuel filter and pump no difference. I tested PTO switch it appears to be fine. After it runs briefly with the key on motor not running if I pull the PTO switch up it won't click till I do it a few times. This makes me think it is electrical?
I forgot to mention I did unplug the clutch just see if it made a difference it did not. Motor still runs a short period.
How can I determine if it is a electrical problem or a motor problem? Thanks for any help.
Dave

This was resolved it was a bad fuel shut off valve.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was it indeed, something new everyday......:thumbsup:

Threads
Like Bert says all the time, Ignition issues go straight to fuel issues......

That's why he recommends an order of diagnostics tests instead of guessing and throwing parts at the engine........

Some smaller engines such as Briggs 3 to 7 HP are more easier to diagnose than the bigger stuff..........

Plus Tard Mon Ami ~!~!