Ferris 1500 runs but wont go when brake is released.

RLRMD

Forum Newbie
Threads
Goodmorning,

Problem as above. I have a 2006 Ferris 1500is with 80hrs on it. It never fail to start on run although it doesn't get much use. Yesterday I thought I would move it to the garage from the shed and to my surprize as soon as I took the brake off while sitting on the seat, PTO off, Lever in the proper position the engine would shut off. Quickly put the break back on and the mower kept running. I then kneeled in the center of the seat and still shut off thinking it was the seat switch. When the brake is off I can rock the mower a little as hopefully the brakes are free as to not cause the problem. I must have lifted the seat 10x to see if any wires went to the brake lever. All I noticed was coming out of the same wire lume that goes to the seat sensore is a female receptacle plug that I belive has always been there and does not look like it has any thing to plug into. If anyone has any ideas would be thankful for your help. Ill check back later.

RR:cool:

RLRMD

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Ferris 1500 runs but wont go when brake is released, thanks.

ffff
Goodmorning,

Problem as above. I have a 2006 Ferris 1500is with 80hrs on it. It never fail to start on run although it doesn't get much use. Yesterday I thought I would move it to the garage from the shed and to my surprize as soon as I took the brake off while sitting on the seat, PTO off, Lever in the proper position the engine would shut off. Quickly put the break back on and the mower kept running. I then kneeled in the center of the seat and still shut off thinking it was the seat switch. When the brake is off I can rock the mower a little as hopefully the brakes are free as to not cause the problem. I must have lifted the seat 10x to see if any wires went to the brake lever. All I noticed was coming out of the same wire lume that goes to the seat sensore is a female receptacle plug that I belive has always been there and does not look like it has any thing to plug into. If anyone has any ideas would be thankful for your help. Ill check back later. THanks

RR:cool:

dfbroxy

Threads
Sounds like the brake safety switch is bad.