Kohler Magnum MV20S exhaust replace (what will fit?)

asunamazda

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the GT3000 Craftsman with the Kohler Magnum MV20S, I cannot find a new muffler anywhere, it's a 1 piece unit. I am just wondering what other mufflers will be a direct bolt on? All help is appreciated!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
GT 3000 is not the numbers we need to check the muffler as they were available for a long time .
To get the parts breakdown we need the model numbers from the tag under the seat.

Mufflers are usually part of the mower , not the engine as they have to fit within the body.
So you should be chasing Sears for a muffler for you mower.

Having said that any Kohler single cylinder muffler will fit, but of course you will need two of them.
How much of the old system do you have ?

asunamazda

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry about that, it's a 917258870 The sears part number is 144110. I have the old unit, it backfired and seperated the big can part at the bottom seem.

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can you post up a photo of what type of muffler you have.

asunamazda

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is the animal here, part number 144110
muffler.jpg

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It can be a problem finding parts for the older mowers. Have it welded, or make something up, or find a salvage yard that just might have one. I do run into these problems when I have a older mower comes into my shop. The muffler doesn't look that bad so I would think the welding might work for you??

asunamazda

Forum Newbie
Threads
We were actually able to take it off and put the seam back together, so I think we saved it. Other problem was breaking off one of the studs in the head.... Always somerthing with these old machines..