Putting Mower Away For Winter ?

1pep

Threads
Careful the MMO will get gummy in time like StaBil.

Seafoam can be on the shelf (after opening) for 50 years & still be good as new. But everyone has their own thing.
And it has superb internal combustion cleaning qualities.

I am not sure that's so. I have used MMO for many years. Granted I've never had a bottle sit on a shelf for 50 years..

I can attest to the fact that it will cure sticky valves, and smooth out a motor.

Ben around since 1923, how long has the seafoam been on the market, pretty sure not 50 years.

rock on
pep

1pep

Threads
Didn't know it was around that long. First time I heard the name or saw a bottle was in the last 10 years or so.

Seems to have some of the same DNA as the MMO.

Always good to learn about other stuff. Reads like it has maritime roots where as the MMO roots are found in aviation.

Would need to actually see MMO turned gummy to accept the thought. Not talking about a picture to be clear.

cheers,
pep

broo

Threads
When I fill up my 5 gallons jug, I get premium (91 octane) fuel, since it's the only way to get ethanol-free fuel around here. Even so, not all brands offer it.

This jug then receives proper amounts of Stabil and Marvel Mystery Oil. Stabil since it may take a while to deplete this jug and MMO for cleaning abilities (can't hurt).

When I reach storage time, fuel in the engines is ready for it.

All my gas powered equipment have plastic tanks, so I store them with whatever fuel is left in them at that moment, then top it up when they come out of storage.

If you have metal tanks, either run them dry or fill them up with treated fuel.

If you can only get fuel with ethanol, either run them dry or use the blue version of Stabil which is meant for this type of fuel (the red one is for pure fuel).

Humpy70

Threads
I have more experience with generators and I run them dry before putting them away. I was forced to use ethenol in a power failure in a Honda EZ3500 once when I could not find non ethenol and it messed things up but good. Now I run them dry every time I use them. I do not run ethanol in anything but cars that are late model. I now have 206 hours on the Honda.

I also run Mobil 1 synthetic 10W30 in generators and mowers.

I also mix in a little molybdenum disulfide powder in all my engines with Mobil 1 as a result of taking a course at Rock Island Arsenal called Corrosion Control and Prevention of Material Deterioration in 1985 time frame. It was the best course I ever took. Lasted five days 8 hours a day and instructor was outstanding.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think many have their own way they get ready for hibernation of the machines. Important part is when they fire right up after their break.