Seat spring mods?

over40mower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just picked up a 2 year old Raptor 42, in real nice shape.
Trying to make it a softer ride.
Someone had mentioned adding a 3rd spring.
I weigh 200# and it seems the springs only compress slightly when I sit on it.

Seems like softer springs might work better.

Anyone done seat spring mods, and care to post results?

First cut and love the mower.
Cuts the lawn in 1/2 the time or less, compared to the old Wheelhorse 414-8

Not interested in a high dollar seat or mower suspension mods.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not on a Raptor , but I do regularly fit Timecutter springs to a lot of mowers to give a better ride

mhavanti

Threads
Try Bert's solution. I've seen folks remove the third spring to soften the ride. Seems someone already did that on yours if it had three to begin with.

You might find some longer, lighter energy springs so that as the springs are loaded up when you sit on them, the energy builds to hold it at the same height so as not to bottom out the seat deck to the fuel tank pick up. That would not be a good thing at all.

Good luck,

Max

BEYTILL

Threads
Try Bert's solution. I've seen folks remove the third spring to soften the ride. Seems someone already did that on yours if it had three to begin with.

You might find some longer, lighter energy springs so that as the springs are loaded up when you sit on them, the energy builds to hold it at the same height so as not to bottom out the seat deck to the fuel tank pick up. That would not be a good thing at all.

Good luck,

Max

I needed to stiffen up my springs a little (kinda a big boy) I just cut some hose (I think 3/4” dia. ) and put it inside the spring the same height of the spring. Try different types ( garden hose, radiator, reinforced,etc)

Lawn Addict
Threads
Timecutters have 3 springs stock. On your Raptor 42, maybe you could remove 1 spring & see how this is for you. Maybe too soft ?

Best if it could be centered tho.