What is your favorite form of marketing?

juntjoo

Threads
My plan for starting out is door hangers and Craigslist and nextdoor and any other online local platforms. At some point soon I will want to get a website up. I'm also considering bandit signs and of course word of mouth combined with great svc. So what do you guys do and what would be your favorite/most effective method?

computer

Forum Newbie
Threads
My plan for starting out is door hangers and Craigslist and nextdoor and any other online local platforms. At some point soon I will want to get a website up. I'm also considering bandit signs and of course word of mouth combined with great svc. So what do you guys do and what would be your favorite/most effective method?

marketing mix!!
&
Most people in the lawn mowing industry market by being a person, not a business, unless you're commercially mowing lawns for people who don't care about the people, OR you mow it yourself but pay for the person you like to come mow it. There's an inbetween that's very hard to find in there.

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In almost every service industry you are working for people and people respond best to some one they consider a friend.
If you are looking for customers under 40 then you have to market through Face Book & Your tube cause they are incapable of understanding anything that is not on a screen.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I operate in lower Alabama and I have all that I can do with myself and a three man crew. I attribute most of the marketing that I did to using Facebook. It got more work than any other median that I tried to use. There are buy sell and trade pages that you can run an ad on and get more contacts than a radio station would give you and it is free. We have not advertised in quite a while now and literally turn work down on a weekly basis because we can't do any more most weeks.

Johnkim

Threads
My favorite is when they are willing to give free items with nothing in return. I'm sure others will love it too. Seriously, who would not want free stuff but they often come with a deal or something?

Bobby S

Forum Newbie
Threads
I operate in lower Alabama and I have all that I can do with myself and a three man crew. I attribute most of the marketing that I did to using Facebook. It got more work than any other median that I tried to use. There are buy sell and trade pages that you can run an ad on and get more contacts than a radio station would give you and it is free. We have not advertised in quite a while now and literally turn work down on a weekly basis because we can't do any more most weeks.

I've got to echo this as a member of the under 40 crowd that bertsmobile1 referenced. I don't really respond to flyers, business cards, mail in my mailbox, or whatever physical advertising is left on my doorstep these days. Congrats, you put a flyer on my door, what makes you different from the 10 other flyers I got this week? One of the things I noticed a company doing was posting their beautifully manicured lawns/transformations on Instagram/Facebook and it got my attention fairly quickly. It's a lot more effective, in my opinion, than physical advertising.

RjMaan

Threads

I think you should try print and electronic media for the advertising and marketing of your business. To have more sale you should also provide bonus and quality products in lowest price.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Another thing that has gotten me business over the years is join the local Chamber of Commerce. When out of town folks are hunting somebody many times that is the first place they look. More times than not there are not many lawn service companies that join.

SidecarFlip

Threads
My favorite is tele marketers. I let my answering machine hang up on them. Second is the door to door religious panderers. My Lab/Chow mix loves strangers in the driveway and when they open the gate (plainly states 'Beware of Dog' and don't bother to read the warning. they become fair game for fido

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
My wifey does all the marketing, I help her with the list, .. then she's off, ... usually she' markets at Publix, but on occasion,she go's to Winn-Dixie and Sav A Lot ... :laughing:..:laughing:..:laughing: