Simplicity ZT 16 44 runs and mows great for 30 Minutes the dies.

thood1954

Threads
  • / Simplicity ZT 16 44 runs and mows great for 30 Minutes the dies.
Clean ? Not yet, in your latest pics anyhow..I see NO new pics ? And that is critical. Someone never took the time to keep the engine clean as it should be. If it was kept clean, all the disassembly would not be necessary.

And to why the fins have metal cover plates around them, that is to direct the air coming down from the blower (round thing on top of engine with the fins sticking up & rotates when running), the air must be contained so it can be directed to blow over the engine, thus cooling it. It yours was liquid cooled no cover plates would be necessary.

Check the spark plug, it 'should' have a tan to light brown color to it.

As to your solid bad, well, how about finding a hollow bar that is just slightly bigger & put it over the 2 sections.

The muffler: Can you look inside it & see if some critter hasn't built a nest in there, a partially blocked muffler will cause overheat as well.
Here are some pics I took today of the mower including the spark plug. There is exhaust coming out of the muffler but I suppose it could be partially clogged.

Attachments

• 34069122_2054422448132632_1714233799883096064_nZT 7.jpg
    34069122_2054422448132632_1714233799883096064_nZT 7.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 10
  • ZT 5.jpg
    ZT 5.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 11
  • ZT 3.jpg
    ZT 3.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 13
  • ZT 6.jpg
    ZT 6.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 11
  • ZT 4.jpg
    ZT 4.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 12
  • ZT 2.jpg
    ZT 2.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 10
  • ZT 1.jpg
    ZT 1.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 10

Lawn Addict
Threads
Spark plug color looks fine. nice balanced gas/air mixture burn.

If the muffler were even partially plugged up, I'd expect to see a black sooty looking spark plug end.

Strange situation. If you got the engine REALLY clean, you should be running normal temps.

thood1954

Threads
Spark plug color looks fine. nice balanced gas/air mixture burn.

If the muffler were even partially plugged up, I'd expect to see a black sooty looking spark plug end.

Strange situation. If you got the engine REALLY clean, you should be running normal temps.
Well, I'm gonna have to let it sit for about a week. We're going on vacation and I'll work on it again after getting back. My mowing got done, thank god I have a spare.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you get back , read post # 3 do the tests required and post the results.

Stopping after 30 minutes could be because of the effect of the heat or it could be a fuel problem so we need to start there to determine where the problem lies.
Hope you enjoy the hols.

thood1954

Threads
When you get back , read post # 3 do the tests required and post the results.

Stopping after 30 minutes could be because of the effect of the heat or it could be a fuel problem so we need to start there to determine where the problem lies.
Hope you enjoy the hols.

Took the mower to a amatuer repairman. He found the fuel pump was in pieces and didn't know how it even ran. He cleaned the entire fuel system. New fuel lines, filter, and fuel pump. He mowed his lawn with it for 20 minutes without a problem. The problem is that he is mowing a small area in a residential area rather than a rural lot which I have. (about 2 acres). After a cold start, it does mow great for about 20 to 25 minutes. Then it starts to sputter and overheat, eventually stalling. Then it needs to cool 30 minutes to an hour to be restarted. After restarting, it varies in run time. (12 to 20 minutes) He also told me the mower is of a poor design with the carb being located so close to the muffler. I have to keep my foot ahead of the brake pedal when mowing because of the heat. I believe the fuel is being boiled due to the intense heat. A fuel shut off was also added for safety when storing it when hot.

enigma-2

Threads
Sounds like the float is sticking. I'd tear the carburetor down and soak it in cleaner.

You said "overheat". Does it backfire? (As in valve clearance changing.)

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have been faffing around with this mower for 3 months now.
Back when you first posted you were told it could be heat, electrical or fuel starvation & you were asked to do some very simple tests.
These were to narrow down the causes so more detailed testing could be done.
You were asked a second time to do the tests but again did not.
You have the mower in front of you, we just have words on a screen.
As it is the mower has been abused so could have multiple problems.