Blown engine... are these models interchangeable?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hey Boo I need a favor ..................

While I am on vacation, you think you could Be Bop back and forth a couple time a day to check on my house for me ?????

I'll leave the spare key in the normal place and Missy cooked a shrimp and crab stew tonight and we got the leftovers in the icebox.... The one in the spare bedroom, not the main one in the kitchen....

BTW I think Missy only took one glass of wine out the bottle of homemade Muscadine wine.... I put the cork back in real tight so it will be good at least 3 to 4 days..........

Eat all you want and we left you a lot of potato salad also... Eat all that too.... It will go bad if you don't......

Merci Mon Ami..........

We bringing back a few ice chests of shrimp if the tide is right..........

Plus Tard ..............

NO PROBLEM Boud, I'll head right over to keep things in order, appreciate the chow, I'm so hungry ... my stomach thinks my throat's been slit ! My deepest appreciation to Missy for the wine, hope ya'll got a litter-box for my cat's !!

Team_Dub

Threads
Boo and Berts -

Can't tell you how much I appreciate your time and efforts. Thank you.

Gonna reread everything, see if it makes sense to my pea brain, and try to make some progress today.

:drink:

Team_Dub

Threads
Okay, so if I'm reading correctly, there's no way to get this wired up without swapping the old stator for the new?

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Okay, so if I'm reading correctly, there's no way to get this wired up without swapping the old stator for the new?

T-D I'm sure it can be done, I was thrown off by the different set-up with the voltage regulator and different wiring on your new engine, but to avoid another headache, I agreed with (bertsmobile1), .. it would probably be the easiest route to use your old stator and wires on the new engine, that way all your harness connections should plug right back together, without cutting and splicing wires, IF you do use YOUR OLD stuff, be sure you save all the new stuff.... as you can see in the alternator manual you have, things can get a bit tricky, we sure DON'T want to fry a stator... BE SURE YOU TAKE PIC'S of everything you do, or tag each wire as to location .

Team_Dub

Threads
T-D I'm sure it can be done, I was thrown off by the different set-up with the voltage regulator and different wiring on your new engine, but to avoid another headache, I agreed with (bertsmobile1), .. it would probably be the easiest route to use your old stator and wires on the new engine, that way all your harness connections should plug right back together, without cutting and splicing wires, IF you do use YOUR OLD stuff, be sure you save all the new stuff.... as you can see in the alternator manual you have, things can get a bit tricky, we sure DON'T want to fry a stator... BE SURE YOU TAKE PIC'S of everything you do, or tag each wire as to location .

I was really hoping to avoid using much of anything from the old engine, especially if it involves removing both flywheels. Gonna roll it in my garage along with the grenaded old engine and see how confident I feel about all this.

(Hint - not very confident. :laughing:)

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was really hoping to avoid using much of anything from the old engine, especially if it involves removing both flywheels. Gonna roll it in my garage along with the grenaded old engine and see how confident I feel about all this.

(Hint - not very confident. :laughing:)

HERE'S a video to MAYBE ... I said MAYBE, help ya (a case of beer would probably have been better... "Courage in a Can " ) ..:laughing: prep for the battle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuKZSXdwMqc

Team_Dub

Threads

Team_Dub

Threads
There has GOT to be a way to wire this thing without swapping out stators. I'm about at the end of my rope.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads