Tec TVS840 replacement carb

NJBILLT

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 25 year old Snapper Hi-Vac 21" push mower that I haven't used in decades, but it had good compression and low hours on it when I retired it. At the time I had bought a zero turn rider and my string trimmer did the rest. I'm getting older and the string trimmer is too fatiguing, so I wanted to try my old push mower. I sprayed carb cleaner in it, put in new fuel and a shot of starting fluid it started right up, but promptly died like it runs out of gas. So I'm sure the carb is all gunked up. With my 62 year old eyes and less than optimal dexterity, I really have no interest in rebuilding the carb, so .. is there a replacement carb for this engine? My research tells me the carb is by manufacture #1220 and the carb references to part number 632434. I'm not able to find a cross reference for this though. Will another series 6 carb work?

Thank for any help.

Bill

jp1961

Threads
Hi Bill,

Try eBay for a carb, using your model number off the carb.

I replaced the carb on my Tecumseh HS-40 with a cheap chinese? carb and it works great. I just had to swap choke arms as the new one had a different one than the original.

Cost of the complete carb was only a few bucks more than a rebuild kit,,,such a deal,,,LOL.

Regards

Jeff

NJBILLT

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Bill,

Try eBay for a carb, using your model number off the carb.

I replaced the carb on my Tecumseh HS-40 with a cheap chinese? carb and it works great. I just had to swap choke arms as the new one had a different one than the original.

Cost of the complete carb was only a few bucks more than a rebuild kit,,,such a deal,,,LOL.

Regards

Jeff

I did look on Ebay but I don't get much assurance they will fit. Nothing comes up for that carb or a cross reference. Are they all the same mount? I see one that's for a Toro walk behind that looks just like mine, but that mower is a 4 stroke. Will it work? I dunno but it would only cost me $15 to find out. I can't even find a cross reference for the entire engine, which I might be willing to do if I knew it would fit.