Scalp! Help!

Davescheetah

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,
This question has been probably beat to death, but couldnt find a definitive answer.
Brand new scag cheetah 52 owner, never had a zt before.
Getting alot of edge of deck scalping with the deck on the slighest slope. The deck is set about 3 1/2 inches but the front deck rollers barely touch the ground. Should I lower the factory set front wheel positions to the other set of holes so the wheels contact the ground better? My tractors deck used to rely on the deck wheels to follow the ground so not sure if this is correct. The deck measures level side to side and tire press. is correct.
Thanks,
Dave

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Shouldn't be scalping at 3.5 inches unless you have really uneven ground. Is the deck leveled properly? I run the anti-scalp wheels all the way up on both of my 52 inch Z's, but they're not Scags. I find that they dig in on turns and dig up turf if I have them lower.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check your tire pressure. We have this problem many times if we have a low tire. I very slight differential will many times cause this problem.

We run 4 Tiger Cats and I promise you tire pressure changes can give you a headache and are normally an easy fix.

If you ever have a cutting issue the first thing to check should be tire pressure.