Buying Advice Starting / Carburator Issues

Jay Sandford

Forum Newbie
Threads
Forgive the expletive, but since 2011 LawnBoy Lawnmowers are SH-T.
Due to emissions, they changed the carburator system, and they repeated FAIL to start.
I have wasted many many hours following Toro's "additional" instructions, on a very lightly used unit,
but to NO AVAIL from LawnBoy!
Buy electric or another brand and save yourself much frustration !

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Forgive the expletive, but since 2011 LawnBoy Lawnmowers are SH-T.
Due to emissions, they changed the carburator system, and they repeated FAIL to start.
I have wasted many many hours following Toro's "additional" instructions, on a very lightly used unit,
but to NO AVAIL from LawnBoy!
Buy electric or another brand and save yourself much frustration !

Had a couple old Lawn Boys in the family over the years, awesome little machines. Two older brothers bought new design mowers, four stroke, fat smaller wheels etc. and hated those things. Heavy, hard to push, just a chore to use. Really powerful engines but just almost useless otherwise. You are not alone!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Other side of the coin. If properly maintained Lawn Boys are better than 75% of the other push mowers out there. If you are going to complain about something, specify what is wrong. You say it fails to start, if it is a Tecumseh engine I’ll bet you store it over the off season with fuel in the system. If that is the case the float seat will swell and result in a lean starting mixture. This is even more critical if you are using fuel with ethanol in it. Don’t blame the brand on one unit, especially if it was not serviced properly. If you hate Lawn Boys I suggest you buy any MTD product and see how you like it after 3 years.