Repairs Traction Drive Belt - Simplicity Conquest

paul7177

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where can I find instructions to replace the broken traction drive belt on my Simplicity Conquest 2691128-00 Tractor? Thanks.

mvines

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi there,

I have exactly the same question and haven't been able to find anything yet... have you had any luck?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Raise the deck and place some long 2 x 4's under the deck, lying on the 4" face.
Drop the deck onto the 2 x 4's then detatch the deck & slide it out sideways on the 2 x 4's
I like to stand the mower up on its bum cause everything is easier to get at & you don't end up with a face full of crud.
If you do that seal the fuel tank cap & remover the battery.
Set the parking brake to give you some slack to play with.
Unclip the PTO wires then loosen the belt guide by the engine pulley . On some models the belt keeper is also the PTO anchor on those you need to remove it completely.
Then slide the belt off the engine pulley, there will not be enough slack to take it right off so just leave it sitting on the shaft.
Now go to the back and work the belt off the pulley.
I usually slip one side between two fan blades then rotate the fan to free the belt.
Now let the brake off and take the belt from the clutch pulleys.
Check the pulleys for wear and the bearings for free running.
On some you need to drop the steering stem down on others you need to undo the steering drag link to bypass the steering.
Now pull the belt out from the front.

Don't forget to take pretty pictures so you can remember where it all goes back to.