Repairs Transmission Leak? on XT1 LT46 - 22HP Kohler

mjhartmann08

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Fellow Cub Cadet Forum-ers,

I recently used my XT1 LT46 (model: 13APA1CT056) for some yard work (hauling a small cargo cart with dirt and rock) and after a couple rounds I began to notice a leak from right rear axle. Not a small leak either, oil is all over the inside of the tire and after letting it sit overnight it left a good size spot on the cardboard.

I am thinking its either the seal (TT-19216334280) or the bushing (TT-168T2034240), and I am concerned about re-filling the oil if the transmission is truly sealed.

Any recommendations on how to either fix or replace? I am hoping a full replacement is not my only option... I will post pictures once I get some.

Thanks for all the help!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Jack up the mower and rotate the wheel.
You are looking for a wobble which indicated a bent axel
While it is in the air try moving the wheel up & down indicating a collapsed bush

The tranny makers have repair manuals available on line but some of them you have to ask for.
Nothing magic about doing a tranny but the word is CLEAN with a capital K.
Totally clean & scrub the outside of the box ( I soda blast them ) before you split it.
Then get a new tube of silicon and cut the nozle to make a very thin bead and we are talking 1/16" or smaller.
When you go to seal it up again make sure the surfaces are clean & dry then apply the sealant exactly as per the diagram in the manual.
Too little is much better than too much.